My phone rang, another notification It felt like the universe was sending bad salutations, This week has been a marathon, problems in every stride, Dodging landmines, nowhere left to hide, I feel the weight of my problems on my back, Every step forward, feels I'm under attack, Bills piling high, dreams fading to gray, Thought the sun had forgotten how to light up my day. But I'm going to on hold my head up, Even when the doubt tries to fill my cup, Seen the darkness, felt the sting of the fall, But I'm not breaking, I'm standing tall, Because I know, I feel it in my soul's core, That a blessing's are coming, knocking at my door After all the struggle, after all the pain This is why I know a blessing's on the way. Back to back issues, like a twisted, cruel joke, One problem solved, then another would provoke, Lost some sleep, shed a tear or two, Questioned everything, "What am I gonna do?", Felt the pressure building, almost reached the brink, But ...
"Whispers to the Sky" I used to carry shadows in my chest, heavy as sins, Thought my secrets were safe where the angels begin, But time taught me mercy’s a fragile, thin line, A truth you unwrap, it's not yours to define, I prayed to the silence, let my heart be the vault, Every burden I held, But the moment I speak what the stars used to keep, The weight lifts, but so does the truth—no sleep. A secret’s a prayer, meant for the divine, Once you let it slip, the walls start to crumble, It’s between you and God, let the heavens align, Once it’s out, it’s a storm you can’t outrun, Trust a human to be a human, flawed and undone, But God? He’s the ceiling where whispers are done. I saw my brothers fold, saw my sisters break, Heard lies in the laughter, pain in the cake, You think you can trust, but the tongue’s a sharp blade— What you confide soft, they broadcast with pride, A rumor’s a fire that starts from a spark, Now the whole town’s lit by a truth they purloin, I bled in ...
Title: "Simple Love Song" Verse 1 Sundown paints the sky in hues of you, Your laugh’s the melody I carry through. No grand designs, no poems in the air— Just you and me, and a quiet prayer. Chorus So here I am, with no guitar, No fancy words, no stage, no star. Just two hands to hold yours, steady and true, A simple love song… I love you. Verse 2 Your coffee cup, the way you stir it slow, The way your eyes light up when I overhear “Hello.” The mess we keep, the dreams we still chase, In every heartbeat, every second’s grace. Chorus So here I stand, no script, no plan, No five-star dinners, no velvet fan. Just a heart that’s yours, come sun or rain, A simple love song… I love you. Bridge They say love’s a puzzle, a wild unknown, But I’ve found peace in not letting go. Through every twist, through every unknown, This is my answer… My home. Chorus So here we are, with just this start— A song unwritten, but from the heart. No need for more, no need to prove, A simple love song… I...
Comments
Post a Comment