🎵Close My Eyes 🎵
(Verse 1)
The dust on the sill has a story to tell
Of the years that slipped by in a silent spell
I found an old photograph, faded and torn
From a different lifetime, another morn’
The world kept on spinning, the seasons rolled on
While I lived in the shadow of what we had gone
I didn't reach out, and you didn't call
We built up a fortress and watched it fall.
(Chorus)
I just closed my eyes and thought of our love
And the sun broke through clouds that were hanging above
It felt just like yesterday, warm and so bright
Then I opened my eyes to the empty night.
Oh, so much time has passed since we touched,
So much time wasted... loving too much.
Yeah, so much time wasted, and nothing to show
Just the ghosts of the places we used to go.
(Verse 2)
I counted the miles by the regrets I kept
In the quiet of rooms where I mostly wept
We guarded our pride like a precious stone
And traded our future to live alone
If I could rewind it, if I had the key
I'd break down the walls that were keeping out me
I’d tell you I'm sorry for playing the part
Of the stranger who broke his own beating heart.
(Chorus)
'Cause I just closed my eyes and thought of our love
And the sun broke through clouds that were hanging above
It felt just like yesterday, warm and so bright
Then I opened my eyes to the empty night.
Oh, so much time has passed since we touched,
So much time wasted... loving too much.
Yeah, so much time wasted, and nothing to show
Just the ghosts of the places we used to go.
(Bridge)
They say that time heals every wound in the end
And maybe it does for the hearts that can mend
But healing just means you remember the pain
Without feeling the wetness of yesterday’s rain
And God, it’s a heavy, unbearable cost
To tally the years and the moments we lost...
(Guitar Solo - slow, weeping, notes trailing off into silence)
(Chorus)
When I just closed my eyes and thought of our love,
For a second, I thought we were soaring above.
It felt just like yesterday, magic and bright,
Then I opened my eyes to the cold, dark night.
Oh, so much time has passed since we touched,
So much time wasted... loving too much.
Yeah, so much time wasted, and nowhere to go
With the ghosts of the places we used to go.
(Outro)
Just closed my eyes...
Just for a second.
So much time.
So much time wasted.
(A single guitar strum rings out, slowly fading into white noise)
...Just a dream in the dark.
Comments
Post a Comment